Site: Harvest Farm and Fort Collins Rescue Mission
Supervisor: Northern Colorado Volunteer Coordinator
Hours/Week: 15-20, Spring Semester. Some evening and weekend hours required.
Job Description: Work with Harvest Farm participants, Harvest Farm staff, and volunteers (Alternative Spring Break groups, long term volunteers, and short term volunteers) to coordinate and oversee meaningful week-long or day-long experiences for groups volunteering at Harvest Farm. Work with Fort Collins Rescue Mission participants, staff, and both individual volunteers and volunteer groups at to oversee meaningful volunteer experiences. Help create volunteer opportunities at both locations and help recruit volunteers from the community. Assist with mentors.
q Become acquainted with and build relationships with Harvest Farm and Fort Collins Rescue Mission participants and staff.
q Learn about Harvest Farm’s program, rules, and schedule and how volunteer groups (especially Alternative Spring Break groups) fit into and enhance the program.
q Learn about Fort Collins Rescue Mission’s programs and rules and how volunteers fit into and enhance the program.
q Develop skills in cross-cultural and cross-socio/economic care and ministry.
q Reconfirm, communicate with and oversee volunteer groups’ stays at Harvest Farm.
q Act as the on-site ambassador during the group’s stay to keep groups engaged, and to provide assistance in any way needed.
q Recruit, train, and support mentors at Fort Collins Rescue Mission.
q Meet with and screen potential long term volunteers for both locations.
q Assist in overseeing individuals or volunteer groups at Fort Collins Rescue Mission.
Internship Activities: (Note: each activity should directly correspond with one or more objective, and all activities together should fulfill the objectives.)
· Attend daily Farm devotions when on-site at the Farm.
· Organize itineraries, training, and activities for each group including orientation and debriefing.
· Meet and welcome groups upon their arrival. This will often happen on Sundays.
· Manage all groups through appropriate work therapy departments and projects to be accomplished.
· Coordinate work projects through site supervisors, reserve housing, prepare itineraries for every group.
· Track involvement and projects of previous groups.
· Follow-up and evaluate all group experiences.
· Act as a guide for groups who take a free day off the farm (to Denver, Estes Park, etc.) and encourage and organize activities with volunteers and program participants on the farm (bonfire testimonies, kickball games, etc.).
· Ensure groups coming to Fort Collins Rescue Mission have a meaningful project to complete and oversee them when they are on-site.
· Meet with and follow up with mentors to track their progress and success.
· Answer questions, accept donations, and provide tours at Fort Collins Rescue Mission.
· Be available to give tours at Harvest Farm as needed.
To find out more about this internship opportunity please contact:
Heather Pully - email@example.com